This activity encourages children to demonstrate the use of their senses to explore and interact with the environment, and to use creativity and imagination.
- Pan or container with a clear lid
- Light source (string lights, flashlight, glow sticks, etc.)
- Zip top bag
- Room with low light
- Variety of paint tools (cotton swabs, old gift cards, combs, etc.)
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play
- Put the light source in the container and secure the lid (tape it closed for safety).
- Pour some paint directly on the lid (or for a mess-free version, put the paint in a zip-top bag and tape the bag to the lid to hold it in place).
- Move the paint around using a variety of interesting tools and your fingers (your imagination is the limit!)
- Press a piece of paper onto the finished painting to make a mono-print!
- Think of a creative way to display your creation!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!