This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to manage actions and behaviors, and understand and follow rules or routines.
- 1 larger container or bucket
- 2 smaller containers or buckets
- 2 sponges, water (add material as needed for more players)
- Marker or tape
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
- Fill larger container or bucket with water and place at one end of the playing area.
- Mark a fill line on each of the 2 empty smaller buckets. Then place them on the opposite end of the playing area.
- Give each player a sponge and designate a smaller container for them.
- Let each player know they need to fill the empty buckets to the fill line using only the sponge. Dip the sponges in the large container of water then walk or run to their smaller containers and squeeze the water from the sponge into them.
- Repeat step 4 until the smaller buckets are full.
- Change the way the children need to move from the large container to their smaller one (hop, walk backwards, skip, walk an imaginary balance beam, etc.).
- Change the way the children can hold their sponges (balance on their head, etc.).
- Create an obstacle course between the buckets for children to maneuver
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!