This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to identify and observe physical properties of water, and develop hypothesis and conclusions.
- 6 cups or glasses (see-through recommended)
- Paper towels
- Natural food coloring
- Place six cups in a circle.
- Pour water into three of the cups (3/4 full), leaving an empty cup in between.
- Drop red, yellow, and blue natural food coloring into cups with water (one color in each).
- Tear the paper towel into strips and fold in half.
- Place one half of a rolled paper towel in the first cup and place the other half in the cup next to it. Then another paper towel from second cup and into the third cup. Repeat until all cups have a paper towel half in them.
- Watch and observe to see what happens next!
Extension: Draw what you think will happen next!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!