Touch and Feel Box
Ideal for Toddler
This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to maintain focus and sustain attention as well as to use senses to explore and interact with the environment.
- Diaper wipes container (plastic) or shoe box
- Aluminum foil
- Pine cones
- Sensory balls
- Small instruments
- Any other items that have texture or make sound
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play or adult/child interaction.
- If using a shoe box, first cut a hole in the top of the box.
- Collect a variety of materials and add to the box, closing the lid.
- Reach into the box to feel and try to identify the object before taking it out of the box
Extension: Continue to change the objects inside the box.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!