This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate the use of creativity and imagination in learning and play.
- Building materials such as straws, sticks, blocks, craft sticks, or play dough
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction or 2 or more participants/players.
- Read or tell a version of the folk story, “The Three Little Pigs.” We especially like “The Three Little Javelins” by Susan Lowell and Jim Harris.
- Talk about the materials the pigs chose to build their homes. Were some of the materials stronger than others? What material would your child use?
- If your child is interested, try acting the story out. Your child can make puppets or even simple props.
- Offer some materials, such as straws, sticks, blocks, craft sticks, play dough, etc. Challenge your child to make some buildings using the materials. Compare the buildings to determine which is the sturdiest.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!