- Sticky notes or small pieces of paper
- Marker or pen
- Make three sets of sticky notes where each has a number 1 through 10.
- Place one set on a wall, lined up in order.
- Hide the other two sets around the house.
- As a number is found, match it to the number on the wall and place it under as a match.
- To increase the difficulty for children who are ready, hide all of the numbers. When two are found, add them together. As each number is found, add it to the total.
Toddlers love finding things. To do this activity with toddlers, hide one set of numbers and say the number aloud when it’s found. Move your mouth slowly so they can see how your mouth moves when you are saying the number. Associate the number with objects, e.g., you have one nose and two hands.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!