This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate the use of creativity and imagination in learning and play.
- Paper and writing implements
- Cardboard tubes and boxes
- Bubble wrap
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play, adult/child interaction, or 2 or more participants/players.
- Talk with your child about sound. Where does it come from? How are sounds made? Listen to music or recordings of other sounds.
- Offer your child common household materials such as the ones listed above or others you have at home. Challenge your child to use the materials to make a “sound machine.” Try to make as many sounds as you can.
- Help your child make some written notes and plans before they start building the sound machine. Once the machine is complete, take photos of the finished project.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!