This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use their hands and fingers to explore and interact with the environment.
- Paint brush, Q-tips, nature (leaves, twigs, sticks)
- Muffin tin
- Sidewalk Paint ingredients:
- Cornstarch 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Food coloring - assorted colors
Participants: This activity does require 5 to 10 minutes of prep time that your child can help with. Parent interaction is not required for painting but supervision is suggested.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a bowl. Divide mixture out into muffin tins. Use one section for each color you want to make. Add one drop of food coloring to each section and mix.
- Take the paints and brushes/other items outside.
- Encourage your child to paint the sidewalk.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!