This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to express emotions, think creatively, and transition to activities.
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players
- Step 1: Define the playing space, be sure to let children know they need to stay within the boundaries set. For example, you can use any space in the living room, but not in the kitchen, etc.
- Step 2: Guide your child through a series of facial and body movements that will show you how they are feeling or thinking. “Show me…”
- A small face - scrunch your face as small as you can
- A big face - make your face as big as you can
- A small body - make your body as small as you can
- A big body - make your body as big as you can
- Step 3: Continue using emotions and a variety of combinations. “Show me…”
- Happy face, happy body
- Sad face, sad body
- Shy face, shy body
- An angry face, angry body
- Angry body, happy face
- Big body, little face
- Little body, big face
*Remind players to try not to use their voices during this activity, and to “show me” by using their expressions.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!