This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to maintain focus and sustain attention and develop positive self-identity.
- Pictures of self-portraits
- Hand held mirror
- Art materials of your choice: crayons, markers, paint (or use scraps of paper to create a collage)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, or individual engagement.
- Look at paintings or pictures of self-portraits with your child.
- Have your child look at themselves in the mirror and identify their features.
- On the paper, use the crayons, markers, or paint to create their own self-portrait.
- Have your child express various emotions looking at themselves in the mirror. Then create another self-portrait showing that emotion. Emotions to try: shy, anxious/scared, angry, happy/joyful, etc.
- Hang your child’s portraits in one location to create their own art gallery.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!