This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Explore how properties can change.
- Refine the use of what, why, when, where, and how questions by asking them sequentially.
- Independently develop hypotheses, make predictions, plan investigations, and draw conclusions.
- Jar with a lid
- An egg
- Place the egg in the jar. NOTE: Make sure to carefully slide the egg in so it does not crack.
- Pour the vinegar into the jar until the egg is fully submerged.
- Lightly place the lid on the jar.
- Leave the egg in the vinegar for two days.
- While waiting, make a hypothesis, and make a prediction.
- Wait and see what happens next!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!