This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of cause-and-effect.
- Maintain focus and sustain attention, by following multi-step directions.
- Sharpened pencil
- Measuring tape
- Markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils
- Cut out and shape the rocket body. Draw and cut out a long rectangle, wrap it around the sharpened end of the pencil tip, tape the rocket body to form a tube, keep the rocket body on the pencil.
- Cut out and attach fins. Draw 3 to 4 triangles and cut out, then tape fins onto the rocket body towards the end of the pencil near the eraser (do not tape on the pencil).
- Bend the fins outward (to create a 90-degree angle).
- Make and measure the nose cone. Pinch the end of the rocket together near the sharpened pencil tip and tape to create a nose cone.
- Prepare to launch. Take the rocket body off the pencil, insert the straw into the rocket body and blow swiftly through the straw to launch.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!