Ideal for Preschool/Pre-K
This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate an understanding of cause-and-effect
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Containers (small applesauce or laundry detergent lid size)
- Glass jar or transparent container
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Fill your jar ¾ of the way full with water.
- Add shaving cream on top. This is the cloud.
- Mix food coloring with some water in a separate container.
- Have your child add drops of the color water to the cloud with the straw (holding a finger over the top of the straw and dropping in one drop at a time on the shaving cream). Wait to see what happens.
As the water gets heavier and heavier on top of the shaving cream clouds, it will start to fall out of the cloud and make rain.
Caution: Do not leave your child unattended with the shaving cream!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!