This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate flexibility in thoughts, actions, and behavior.
- Cardboard or construction paper
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
(See photo examples on page 2 of the PDF)
- Cut a shape out of the cardboard or construction paper.
- Go on a walk with your child either outside or around the house.
- Stop and take notice of a whole object, such as a tree, the side of a house or building, a car, a fence, etc. Then place the cardboard template up to the object. and notice how the view changes when looking at small parts at a time.
- Discuss and ask your child open-ended questions on what they notice and feel when comparing the whole picture with small pieces.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!