Our Own Spaceship!
Ideal for Preschool/Pre-K
This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use imitation and symbolic representation, as well as demonstrate use of creativity and imagination in learning and play.
- Large cardboard box (for the spaceship)
- Materials to decorate box (writing utensils, aluminum foil, stickers, paint, or whatever you have at home)
- Water bottles
- Pretend food
- Large boots covered in aluminum foil
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction:
- Decorate your “spaceship” however you like. Cut out doors/windows, add writing to your ship by creating a name for it. Make it your own!
- Play! Keep play open-ended and allow your child to take on any role he chooses. Add a variety of props (above are some examples) to enhance play. This activity can last throughout the week, and beyond!
Extensions: You may also want to provide clip boards and markers for children to take notes while "measuring" how much fuel they have, how far they've gone, etc.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!