This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Use large muscles to explore and interact with their environment.
- Strengthen and refine their large muscles.
* View the video as Bright Horizons teacher Mr. Nate guides you through a BOKS burst movement activity. NOTE: BOKS is an initiative of the Reebok Foundation.
- STEP 1: Explain to the children that they are swimming through the ocean.
- STEP 2: Then, have the children make a swimming motion with their arms. Explain that as Mr. Nate names different items that can be found in the ocean, they must pause their swimming motion and move like those items. For example:
- Be a starfish – have the children stand with their legs wide apart and their arms out to the side.
- Be a bundle of seaweed – have the children stand tall with their arms toward the ceiling swaying with the waves in the ocean.
- Be a clam – have the children crouch down into a ball.
- Be creative – create movements for as many sea creatures as you like.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!