For this virtual field trip we take a trip with New York State Parks to Niagra Falls in Upstate New York!Niagara Falls State Park Virtual Tour
The history of Niagara Falls goes back almost 12,000 years, to the Ice Age, when large amounts of water were released from the melting ice, draining into what is now known as the Niagara River.
Use your observation skills:
- What do you notice about the falls?
- Is it high or low?
- Does the water run fast or slow? What makes it run that way?
- What might you feel when riding the Maid of the Mist? Is it wet or dry?
Use your science skills:
- How might you recreate your falls?
- Use the materials from our other water activities this week to recreate your own falls (buckets, plastic bins, PVC pipe, pool noodles, etc.).
- What other materials can you use to make your falls?
- How can you make the water run fast? Slow?
- How tall can you make your falls?
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!