This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Use large muscles to explore and interact with their environment.
- Strengthen and refine their large muscles.
- View the video as Bright Horizons teacher Mr. Nate guides you through a BOKS burst movement activity, make sure you have space to move. NOTE: BOKS is an initiative of the Reebok Foundation.
- Watch and listen to Mr. Nate in the video below as he names different things found in nature, then move like those things! For example:
- Be a seed – have the children crouch down into a ball.
- Grow like a flower – have the children stretch up to stand tall with their arms towards the ceiling.
- Move like the wind – have the children sway back and forth.
- Be a tree – have the children stand tall and still.
- Be a thunderstorm – have the children stomp their feet
- Be creative. Create movements for as many things found in nature as you like.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!