This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to understand and use a growing vocabulary.
- “My New Friend Is Fun!” children’s book by Mo Willems (or search for an online version if you don’t have the book on hand)
Participants: This activity is intended for parent/child interaction.
- Read or listen to the story via the video below.
- Point out new or interesting vocabulary words.
- Depending on your child’s interest and understanding, discuss the following ideas together:
- Who are your friends?
- Have you made any new friends at school/daycare?
- What fun things do you like to do with your friends?
Learn More: Try extending this activity. Read it more than once over several days. Gather simple props, such as a stuffed elephant, drawing utensils, and something to draw on. Encourage your child to act out the story, draw pictures, or make a book. You can also choose any favorite book and use the guiding.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!