Ideal for Toddler
This activity encourages children to demonstrate use of creativity and imagination, use large muscles to explore and interact with their environment, and to express emotions.
- Old kitchen utensils or items: wooden spoons, cupcake tins, cookie sheets, pots or pans, metal or plastic bowls of various sizes, plastic cups, wind chimes, empty plastic containers, etc.
- Optional: large piece of wood, nails, hammer, string
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
- Gather materials for the musical garden.
- Arrange the outside and use the wooden or metal spoons to make “music” with the tins, chimes, bowls, and other items.
- To make a permanent part of your garden, you can use the optional materials to attach the instruments to a large piece of wood using nails and a hammer. Or if you have a fence, you can secure materials to the fence using nails (or string for chain link fence).
- Enjoy playing a concert in your garden!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!