- Disposable clear plastic cup(s)
- Permanent markers
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Participants: This activity is recommended for adult/child interaction and requires adult supervision with use of the oven.
Note: Ensure adequate ventilation when melting plastic.
- Use permanent markers to cover the cup in any colors, patterns, shapes, or drawings.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cup(s) on the baking sheet, giving some space in between cups. It does not matter how the cup is placed, but different placement (side, upright, upside down) my affect the shape result.
- Watch the cups melt!
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before touching.
- Think of a creative way to display!
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!