This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop increasing care for self, others, and the environment.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat or regular flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie cutters
- Cookie sheet
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Wash your hands!
- Check with local humane societies to see if they accept pet food donations. Alternately, you can gift the puppy treats to a friend’s pet.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, and peanut butter until well mixed. Stir in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface to ¼ inch thick. Cut shapes in the dough with the cookie cutters. Transfer the shapes to the cookie sheet.
- Bake in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 6 to 10 minutes, or until browned and slightly crisp. Package and deliver to your furry friends.
Learn More: Visit Doing Good Together for other ideas on serving animals.