This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop a sense of identity and belonging.
- “Make Way for Ducklings” by Robert McCloskey (available online in video or audio formats if you do not have a copy of the children’s book handy, Click Here!)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Read the book together.
- Ask your child what he or she remembers about the story.
- Based on your child’s interest, discuss some of the following questions:
- Why was Mrs. Mallard so picky about her home? What makes you feel safe?
- Why didn’t the big bird answer Mr. Mallard? Do you think Mr. Mallard should have been offended? Why or why not?
- Who helped the Mallards stay safe? Can you think of people that help our family?
(*Note - Internet resources suggested only for use with adult permission & supervision.)
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!