This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to understand and use a growing vocabulary.
- Small box, such as a tissue or shoe box
- Toy animals or people
- Laundry basket or cardboard box
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Make a small box into a home by cutting a door and windows into it. You can decorate it further or keep it simple.
- Use the toy animals or people to interact with the house. Pretend to knock on the door. Place the toy inside the house and say the word in. Place the toy out of the house and say the word out. Continue, teaching your child other prepositional words, such as under, over, and around.
- Pretend the laundry basket or cardboard box is a house for your child. Ask them to climb in, out, under, etc.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!