This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop increasing care for self, others, and environment and develop sense of identity and belonging.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop orange essential oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1-2 small containers with lid such as small jar, etc.
- Optional: wrapping paper, ribbon, gift tag
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, independent for children ages 10 and up.
This activity will create a soothing body scrub that can be shared with a community helper to show appreciation for the work they do each day. Recipe makes 1-2 portions, depending on the size of your container. (This can be doubled or tripled to make more for sharing if needed.)
- Step 1: Melt coconut oil for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Step 2: Stir in sugar.
- Step 3: Add vanilla and essential oil. Stir well and place into containers.
- Step 4: Write a note or draw a picture to accompany your gift. Wrap or decorate, if you desire.
Share with a community helper such as a mail carrier, sanitation worker, grocery store employee or even a neighbor.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!