This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop a sense of identity and belonging and express, understand, and regulate emotions
- Colored paper
- Markers, crayons, pencils
- Clear tape (double-sided if possible)
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play
Inspired by the Happy Hearts Project from kidsforpeaceglobal.org
- Cut out a heart (or hearts) from paper. Make sure it is at least 8 inches wide or larger so that it can be seen from a distance.
- Decorate your heart(s). Include positive message if you like.
- Tape your heart to a window where it can be seen from the street or your neighbors, sharing your love with the community.
- Spread the word about Happy Hearts with your neighbors, family and friends and ask them to create their own Happy Hearts. In a few days, take a safe (keeping 6 feet of distance from others) family walk in your neighborhood and see how many Happy Hearts you can find.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!