This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to observe, explore, and describe their environment to gain understanding of people, places, and things.
- White vinegar
- Baking soda,
- Instant uncooked rice
- Jar and water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players
- Fill jar 3/4 full with water, add food coloring if desired.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and stir with spoon.
- Add ¼ cup of uncooked rice.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Watch as the rice begins to groove! Have a discussion about what your child observes
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!