This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to remember information to use in later tasks and build skills for recalling information.
- Snacks or pretend food
- Teddy bears or dolls can be included (or it can be a picnic with adult and child)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Spread a blanket on the floor to sit on.
- Adult or child serves the snack to each person or pretend friend.
- As you eat, say the following sentence, filling in the blank, “I’m going on a picnic and I’m going to take ________.”
- The next person must repeat the sentence, including the item you chose and an additional item. For younger preschool children, you might want to first have a conversation about all the foods you can have on a picnic. This will give them some ideas to recall.
- Continue for as many rounds as you can, seeing how many items you can remember.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!