This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Use hands and fingers to interact with the environment.
- Demonstrate the use of creativity and imagination in learning and play.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cause and effect.
- Bottle(s) of washable school glue
- Small bowl
- Stirring stick (such as a popsicle stick)
- Food coloring (or liquid watercolor)
- Dish soap
- A variety of plastic lids
- Pour a small amount of school glue out of the bottle into a small bowl and set aside.
- To bottle, add the desired amount of food coloring and a dab of dish soap (enough to cover the surface of a quarter).
- Stir with a stick, screw on the lid (closed), and shake until mixed.
- Squeeze the glue into the plastic lids in any desired design. Be sure to fill the whole lid with glue.
- Leave the glue creation on a level, dry, out of the way surface for at least two days or until the glue is dry.
- Use the leftover colored glue to make a picture on a piece of paper.
- Optional: attach paper shapes or 3D elements to the glue.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!