This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop a sense of belonging and identity.
- Family photos and records
- Writing materials and implements
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Look at family photos with your child. If possible, show photos of extended family members. Share stories from your childhood or stories about your ancestors and extended family.
- Call or visit (depending on your situation) grandparents or other family members. Ask them to share memories and stories from their lives.
- Write letters of appreciation to family members. Younger children can draw pictures or dictate their thoughts for you to write.
Learn More: Learn more about your family’s history by visiting a genealogy website.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!