Cooking is a great way to integrate math and science. In this recipe children will count and measure ingredients. They will explore science as ingredients blend and go from solid to liquid. Also, preparing snacks together provides opportunities for your child to learn about healthy foods.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings):
- ¼ Cup of yogurt (choose your flavor)
- ½ Banana
- ½ Cup strawberries (or berry of your choice)
- ¼ Cup raspberries (or berry of our choice)
- 1 Cup of milk (non-dairy soy, oat, or nut milk also works well)
You will also need:
- Plastic knife
- Paper and crayons (optional)
- Wash your hands!
- Start by having your child go to each family member to ask what fruit they like in smoothies. They can draw the fruit or write the word, or both. Add those fruits to this recipe if you have them, or keep the graph of favorites for future.
- Invite your child to rinse the strawberries and raspberries (or fruit of your choice) in a colander.
- Next, help your child slice banana into rounds and cut berries in half with a plastic knife.
- Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend, for 30-60 seconds, until mixture is smooth. Pour into cups and enjoy
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!