This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Develop an awareness of our body parts and our bodily powers.
- Develop fine motor skills.
- Make intentional movements.
- Cardboard can with a plastic top
- Any age-appropriate loose parts to drop into holes e.g., straws, pasta, popsicle sticks, etc.
- Pipe cleaners or straws
- Optional: Rubber bands
Fine Motor: Can Drop, Directions:
- Cut holes in the top of the lid, and place lid back on the cardboard can.
- Supply your child with age appropriate loose parts.
- Allow your child to drop loose parts into the can.
- Optional: Use art supplies to design your cardboard can.
- Extension: Provide your child with rubber bands to stretch around the circumference of the can.
Fine Motor: Colander, Directions:
- Flip your kitchen colander or strainer upside down.
- Supply your child with pipe cleaners or straws to thread through the colander holes.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!