This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to cross the midline which we need for developing fine motor skills, reading skills, and executive function.
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
- Use the chalk to draw a large figure 8 on a driveway, etc.
- Start in the middle and walk the figure 8. Do this multiple times in a variety of ways. For example: change direction, walk backward, hop, slide feet, or even ride a bike or scooter around the figure 8.
- Stand tall and then bend at the waist to touch toes.
- Alternate touching toes- right-hand touches left foot, left hand touches the right foot.
- Return to a standing position and do the same thing but this time touch hands to knees.
Extension: Sit on the floor, lean back and bring knees to opposite elbow, repeat.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!