This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use art materials and tools purposefully and creatively, and recognize and reproduce rhythm patterns.
- 2 Paper plates
- Art materials: paint, crayons, markers, etc.
- Beans or rice
- Stapler and staples
- Start with two paper plates and art materials.
- Get creative and decorate!
- Begin stapling plates together, leave one end open.
- Pour beans or rice into the open end. (Adult supervision recommended for potential choking hazard for younger children.)
- Finish stapling the plates together.
- Tap and shake your new tambourine to explore different rhythms
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!