This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to express, understand, and regulate emotions.
- A mirror
- Printer with ink and paper
- Book “The Way I Feel” by Janan Cain or watch online (Click Here)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
- Read the book or watch the read aloud online with your child.
- In front of the mirror with your child, practice your facial expressions with each emotion.
- Using your camera, take a picture of your child creating each expression.
- Print out the pictures and hang in a visible space. Each day and throughout the day, have your child identify how they feel using their emotion chart.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!