This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate creativity and imagination in learning and play. Through pretend play, children learn about experiences with doctors and nurses.
- An assortment of safe medical; equipment (e.g. stethoscope, rubber gloves, Band-aids, gauze, hospital gowns, doctor’s kit, paper, pencil and clipboard for the chart, eye chart, scale, measuring tape for height, magazine and book for the waiting room).
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Talk about the work doctors and nurses do to keep our bodies healthy and safe and the various tools they use.
- Encourage your child to set up a pretend doctor’s office, including chairs as a reception area and a place to lie down as the examining table, with medical equipment nearby.
- Have a pretend doctor’s visit where the focus is on health, hygiene, and nutrition.
- Talk to the children about how they keep themselves healthy and safe.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!