This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Explore how properties change and objects can move in space.
- Refine the use of what, why, when, where, and how questions by asking them sequentially.
- Independently develop hypotheses, make predictions, plan investigations, and draw conclusions.
- A clear cup or jar
- Clear, well-carbonated soda e.g., seltzer water, Sprite, etc.
- Open and pour carbonated soda into a clear cup or jar.
- Add raisins to the cup or jar.
- Observe and develop a hypothesis.
- Ask questions like what, why, when, and how?
- Enjoy the show!
- What happened when you first dropped the raisins in the glass?
- Once they started "dancing," did the raisins stay at the top?
- Why did the raisins dance?
- What else did you notice happening to the raisins? Did they look different?
- Do you think the same thing would have happened if you put raisins in the water?
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!