This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Practice rote counting, matching, and simple math equations.
- A deck of cards or materials to make a deck of cards
- Optional: Paper
- Optional: Markers
- Encourage your toddler to fill the box or bag while an adult helps the child to count.
- Allow your toddler to dump the contents out and repeat.
- Divide a deck of cards into only number cards (remove the face cards).
- Have your child individually place them on the table, face-up, and find the matches (colors or numbers).
- Create addition, subtraction, and equal sign cards.
- Add snacks to count out numbers on the cards and equations.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!