This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop increasing care for self, others, and the environment.
- Bubble solution
- Shallow plastic container or tub
- Various household objects, such as pool noodles, PVC pipe, lids, hoops, and straws
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play, adult/child interaction, or 2 or more participants/players.
- Pour the bubble solution into the shallow container. Show your child how to dip the objects in the bubble solution and blow to create bubbles.
- Explore the bubbles. How can you make them bigger or smaller? Can you create bubbles without blowing?
- Talk casually about how keeping clean through handwashing and baths helps us stay healthy. Washing hands, using a tissue, and staying home when we’re sick are also things we can do to keep others safe and healthy.
- Read ”Harry the Dirty Dog” by Gene Zion and Margaret Bloy Graham or watch Betty White read it at Storyline Online. Another option is “Those Mean, Nasty, Downright Disgusting but Invisible Germs” by Judith Anne Rice and Reed Merrill.
- Make and send cards to hospitalized children, or send a hug around the world
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!