This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use large muscles to move and balance own body.
- Bikes, scooters, tricycles, etc.
- Cardboard boxes or similar
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction and independent play.
- Set up the cardboard boxes in a meandering pattern on the sidewalk or your driveway.
- Encourage your child to ride their vehicle around and through the obstacle course.
- Let your child reconfigure the boxes to make new obstacle courses. Try other materials to add interest. For example, set a sprinkler on the obstacle course path for a “bike carwash” or lay bubble wrap on the ground for your child to go over.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!