This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop increasing care for self, others, and the environment.
- The story “The Little Red Hen” (Click Here if you don’t have the book available)
- Paper and writing utensils
- Plastic jar or container
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players
- Read the book “The Little Red Hen” or watch it read online Click Here
- Discuss with your child how the animals felt throughout the story.
- Brainstorm with your child ways they can help in the home, at school, or in the community.
- Create a “help jar” together. Write down ways to help others on individual pieces of paper and put them in a jar. Every day or week, have your child pull out one of the pieces of paper and commit to completing the helpful task.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!