This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Explore different units of measurements
- Make healthy food choices
- Explore how properties can change
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- Dry Mixture – Pour 1 cup of sugar, 1½ cups of flour, ¼ tsp of cinnamon, ½ tsp of baking soda, and 1 tsp of baking powder into a bowl and mix.
- Wet Mixture – Peel three ripe bananas and place them into the bowl and mash with a fork, leaving some chunks. Add 1/3 cup of melted butter, a tsp of vanilla extract, and an egg and mix together.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until thickens into a batter.
- Cover the sides of baking pan with flour, pour the banana bread mixture into the pan, and shake until batter is even.
- Cut and slice the forth banana and place it on top of the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 50-60 minutes.
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!