- Ribbon, rope, or tape (five to six feet)
- Place a ribbon, rope, or piece of tape on the floor.
- Walk across it once to model balancing and putting one foot in front of the other.
- Let your child try it out. Offer suggestions of arms out and looking ahead if they have a hard time.
- Too hard? Try hopping down the line with both feet.
- Too easy? Try walking down the line while balancing a book on your head.
Toddlers: Use the line as something to walk, crawl, or march beside.
School-Age: Can you create a safe obstacle course at home?
We think you'll also enjoy these...
GET WORLD AT HOME
We're adding new activities each week - get notified when we do!