This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to:
- Experiment with visual media and materials.
- Evaluate varied artistic styles, appreciate different techniques, and experiment with different art mediums.
- Plastic cups
- A variety of acrylic paint
- Popsicle sticks or other utensils for stirring
- Drop cloth or large rag
- Choose which colors you would like to use, put each color in a different cup, add glue and water and mix together.
- Pour a little paint of each color into a single cup (the larger your canvas, the more paint, you will need), making layers of paint with different colors.
- Turn the cup/cups over on the canvas.
- Observe as the paint spreads across the canvas.
- Tilt the canvas side to side until paint is covering